Imaging Riometer Data Policy
Southern Hemisphere Imaging Riometer Experiment (SHIRE) - "Rules-of-the-Road"
SHIRE data are freely available for non-commercial, scientific use subject to the following "rules of the road":
- The basic reference for IRIS instruments is: Detrick, D. L., and T. J. Rosenberg (1990), A phased-array radiowave imager for studies of cosmic noise absorption, Radio Sci., 25(4), 325.
- Quick-look or browse products are not intended for scientific analysis or publication and should not be used for such purposes without the consent of the SHIRE team.
- Please inform the SHIRE team of any publications and conference presentations that make use of SHIRE data.
- If the SHIRE data can be used in the detailed analysis of an event, a suitable member of the SHIRE team should be invited at an early and appropriate time to participate in the analysis. Co-authorship of any subsequent publication or presentation should be discussed.
- All publications should carry the acknowledgement "SHIRE data was provided by the SHIRE team at the University of Newcastle, Australia, and was funded by the Australian Research Council, ASAC project 877."
- SHIRE data users should consult with the PI to ensure that they are using the most recent available versions of the data and any analysis routines provided.
- Data users are not entitled to distribute data to third parties outside their own research teams without permission from the SHIRE team. The rules of the road apply to any subsequent users of the data.
- By requesting data, the user agrees to abide by the above conditions of use for SHIRE data.
Southern Hemisphere Imaging Riometer Experiment, January 2006.