ASWFC Riometer Data Archive
The archive contains raw, QDC, and relative absorption riometer data from Australian Antarctic stations, as follows.
|Station||Lat (°N)||Long (°E)||GLat (°N)||GLon (°E)||LSTM (°)||Open||Closed||Data Type|
|Casey||-66.30||110.50||-80.85||155.62||120||January 1989||Still open||Daily text file, less than 70KB after gzipped.|
|Davis||-68.58||77.96||-74.48||99.61||105||February 1988||Still open||Daily text file, less than 70KB after gzipped.|
|Mawson||-67.60||62.88||-70.12||89.79||75||December 1989||Still open||Daily text file, less than 70KB after gzipped.|
|Macquarie Island||-54.50||158.95||-64.54||248.10||150||September 1987||Still open||Daily text file, less than 70KB after gzipped.|
- Lat - station latitude (decimal degrees)
- Long - station longitude (decimal degrees)
- GLat - geomagnetic latitude of the station
- GLon - geomagnetic longitude of the station
- LSTM: Local Standard Time Meridian, The (LSTM) is calculated according to the equation: LSTM =15°·ΔTGMT. where ΔTGMT is the difference of the Local Time (LT) from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) in hours. 15°= 360°/24 hours.
- Open - date at which the equipment commenced operating
- Closed - date at which the equipment ceased operating
In 2005 and 2006, Mawson had some unreliable data due to instrument problems. Some data files are unavailable due to instrument problems or power outages.