Ionospheric Data - Hourly: Juliusruh Data Policy
IAP-Internal Memorandum for Juliusruh Ionosonde data (in extracts):
1. If analysed and/or interpreted data from the Juliusruh Ionosonde are used in a research project, the project leader (author) is requested to offer IAP the option for collaboration.
2. Should a scientific publication evolve from the Juliusruh Ionosonde data, the authors are requested to offer the IAP Local Contact the option of co-authoring publication.
3. Acknowledgement: Any use of data from the Juliusruh Ionosonde of any form and format in
- Operational services,
- Research leading to a scientific publication,
- Publications in popular science or amateur journals/newspapers,
- Internet home pages, must be acknowledged with the following recommended Acknowledgement Statement:
a) "This publication uses data from the Juliusruh Ionosonde, owned and operated by the Leibniz Institute of Atmospheric Physics Kuehlungsborn/Germany.” or
b) "This publication uses data from the Juliusruh Ionosonde, which is owned by the Leibniz Institute of Atmospheric Physics Kuehlungsborn/Germany. The responsible Operations Manager is the Local Contact"
4. Definition of IAP contacts
a) Local contact for scientific and operational aspects: Ionosonde operations manager (Jens Mielich, mielich(a)iap-kborn.de)
b) Responsible contact for (unusual) data requests: Head of Radar Remote Sensing Department (Prof. Chau)
c) Legal contact for legal aspects (contracts, MoUs, etc.): Director of IAP